Having said a lot about italian food, I could not leave for my holidays without sharing with you my last cooking session....the gnocchi with gorzonzola and spinach.
what do you need for this recipe?
1. 100 gr of gorgonzola
2. 100 ml of milk
3. 20 gr of Parmigiano-Reggiano in powder
4. 250 gr of spinach, you can use the choped and frozen one, as we will use it for the sauce
5. 500 gr of gnocchi (well, you can also prepare them yourseld but this will be the topic of one of my future recipes)
6. Pepper, salt, oregano and basil to taste
7. time to prepare 20-25 min
Start by warming up the milk. When the milk starts to get warmer, put the cheese in it, and let it boil until the whole thing becomes one dense sauce.
In a separate pot start to unfreeze the spinach. I personally put a little bit of olive oil to it, a pinch of salt and fresh pepper.
In another separate pot boil the gnocchi just for 5 min. You must know that the gnocchi must not be bloiled for a long time, otherwise they will be too soft and without taste.
Once the gnocchi are boiled, take them out of water and put them inside the pot where you have the spinach, and start mixing them together
When the gnocchi absorb throuout their surface the spinach, ad the cheese sauce.
Don't exagerate with the milk and the sauce, too much of anything is not good.
Once the gnocchi are in the plate, put some Parmigiano-Reggiano and decorate it with black pepper and basil